We all go to the doctor. Some of us go after problems happen, some of us prior. How often do you regularly go to the doctor’s office just because? In fact, many times we will self-medicate with something from the drug store instead of going to the doctor. Most business owners are the same way; they don’t call or ask for help once there is an issue.
To help our business stay well, we use a tool in our business to give businesses a checkup prior to problems happening. This step allows business to see how well they are doing and recognize items that could be improved. If you are in a situation where you are having some issues, you’re going to be able to figure out what some of those issues are from doing a simple organizational checkup.
At the end of this blog, I have listed five questions from the checkup to help you diagnose your business’ health. Using a scale of 1 to 5, answer the questions honestly. If you are not answering 4s or 5s to these questions, be sure to take the full assessment on www.Legacy.412.com/checkup.
If your business is anything like mine was, you’re going to score far less than you wanted. You probably feel a bit overwhelmed, lost, and wondering how you get these scores up. As a small business owner, its tough balancing all that needs to be done on a day-to-day basis and still have time to put the systems, process and people in place to build a healthy company. Keep reading the blog as we will go into specifics on how to gain Traction.
Take the Checkup
Here are a few of those questions that are asked in the assessment:
1. We have a clear vision in writing that has been properly communicated and is shared by everyone.
2. Our core values are clear, and we are hiring, reviewing, and rewarding, and firing around them.
3. All the people in our organization are the right people in the right seat.
4. Everyone is engaged in a regular weekly meeting that starts on the same day, same time, and same agenda each week.
5. Our systems and process are documented, implied, and followed by all.
If you are not scoring 4s or 5s on all of these, visit www.Legacy412.com/checkup to take the free test to see how you rank.